LOCAL IMPROVEMENT DISTRICTS
43-2502. Definitions. The following words and phrases when used in this chapter shall, for the purposes of this chapter, have the meanings respectively given herein.
(1) "Board" means the board of directors of an irrigation district.
(2) "Costs and expenses" mean the contract price of all improvements, including any costs or expenses incurred for engineering, clerical, printing and legal services as well as for advertising, surveying, inspection of work, collection of assessments, interest upon bonds or warrants, and an amount for contingencies as shall be considered necessary by the board.
(3) "District or irrigation district" means irrigation districts organized pursuant to the provisions of chapter 1, title 43, Idaho Code.
(4) "Engineer" means the official engineer of the irrigation district or one specially retained for purposes of operating under the provisions of this chapter.
(5) "Local improvement district" means a local improvement district created within the boundaries of an irrigation district or irrigation districts under the authority of this chapter.
(6) "Owner" or "owners" mean the owner of property within the limits of a local improvement district, or a proposed local improvement district; and a corporation, joint stock association, partnership, individual proprietor or other form of business enterprise owning real property, within any such district or proposed district.
(7) "Secretary," "treasurer" or "other irrigation district officer" means the appropriate irrigation district officers with regard to irrigation district local improvement districts.
[43-2502, added 1993, ch. 407, sec. 1, p. 1476.]