HAZARDOUS MATERIALS/HAZARDOUS WASTE TRANSPORTATION ENFORCEMENT
49-2205. Hazardous material/hazardous waste transportation enforcement fund. (1) For the purposes of the Idaho state police, there is hereby created a fund in the state treasury, to be designated the hazardous material/hazardous waste transportation enforcement fund.
(2) The fund shall consist of:
(a) Moneys appropriated to the fund;
(b) Moneys as provided in sections 49-2202 and 49-2203, Idaho Code, and in subsections (1) and (2) of section 49-2209, Idaho Code;
(c) Donations, gifts and grants from any source; and
(d) Any other moneys which may hereafter be provided by law.
(3) Moneys in the fund may be used by the director for reasonable costs incident to enforcement of the laws and rules related to the transportation of hazardous material or hazardous waste. Such costs include expenditures for inspection and monitoring programs, training of law enforcement personnel to meet specialized needs of hazardous materials/hazardous waste enforcement, and other reasonable expenses necessary for the enforcement of such programs.
(4) All moneys placed in the fund shall be appropriated annually by the legislature for the purposes described in subsection (3) of this section. All expenditures from the fund shall be paid out in warrants drawn by the state controller upon presentation of the proper vouchers.
(5) Pending use, surplus moneys in the fund shall be invested by the state treasurer in the same manner as provided under section 67-1210, Idaho Code.
(6) An amount of money equal to the actual and reasonable cost of issuing the permits and endorsements, collecting the moneys for them, and the direct administrative costs as determined by the department and certified by the state controller, shall be paid to the state highway fund established in section 40-702, Idaho Code.
[49-2205, added 1988, ch. 265, sec. 457, p. 815; am. 1994, ch. 180, sec. 90, p. 487; am. 2000, ch. 469, sec. 121, p. 1583.]