49-2443. Application. Application for an identification card must be made in person before an authorized agent of the department. The authorized agent shall obtain the following from the applicant:
(1) The true and full name and Idaho residence address and mailing address, if different, of the applicant;
(2) The identity and date of birth of the applicant as set forth in a certified copy of his birth certificate and, subject to subsection (6) of this section, other satisfactory evidence of identity acceptable to the authorized agent or the department;
(3) The height and weight of the applicant;
(4) The color of eyes and hair of the applicant;
(5) The applicant’s signature; and
(6) The applicant’s social security number as verified by the social security administration.
(a) The requirement that an applicant provide a social security number as verified by the social security administration shall apply only to applicants who have been assigned a social security number.
(b) An applicant who has not been assigned a social security number shall:
(i) Present written verification from the social security administration that the applicant has not been assigned a social security number; and
(ii) Submit a birth certificate, passport or other documentary evidence issued by an entity other than a state or the United States; and
(iii) Submit such proof as the department may require that the applicant is lawfully present in the United States.
[49-2443, added 1988, ch. 265, sec. 498, p. 831; am. 1989, ch. 88, sec. 57, p. 197; am. 1990, ch. 45, sec. 39, p. 108; am. 1992, ch. 115, sec. 36, p. 378; am. 1992, ch. 118, sec. 2, p. 393; am. 1993, ch. 304, sec. 2, p. 1128; am. 1997, ch. 237, sec. 1, p. 688; am. 1998, ch. 110, sec. 31, p. 413; am. 1998, ch. 248, sec. 3, p. 813; am. 1999, ch. 319, sec. 2, p. 814; am. 2008, ch. 63, sec. 4, p. 163; am. 2020, ch. 38, sec. 4, p. 84.]