Print Friendly

     Idaho Statutes

Idaho Statutes are updated to the website July 1 following the legislative session.


50-1712.  Preparation of assessment roll and notice of hearing thereon. After the contract has been awarded and at such time as the council shall determine, the engineer shall prepare a duly certified report to the council showing in detail the total cost and expenses of the improvements and the dollar amounts of the same payable from assessments and from other sources. The report shall also contain a form of assessment roll numbering each assessment, giving the name, if known, of the owner of each lot or parcel of property assessed, and showing the amount chargeable to each lot or parcel of property according to the method of assessment originally contemplated by the council subject to any variations therefrom as a result of the engineer’s recommendation that benefits to be received by any lot or parcel of property warrant such a variation from the method chosen. Each lot or parcel of property shall be described with sufficient clearness to identify it, and if the engineer recommends any variations from the contemplated method of assessment, those variations shall be pointed out and the reasons for the same shall be given in the report. No assessment for water or sewer purposes shall be levied against any property of any public utility unless the latter shall agree to the same by filing a written consent in the office of the clerk of the municipality; and in the event that a local improvement district constructs water and sewer improvements as well as other improvements the engineer shall assess public utilities only for the amount of the total cost and expenses which the engineer finds to be attributable to such other improvements if no such consent has been given.
Upon receipt of the report, the council shall cause the assessment roll contained therein to be filed in the office of the clerk where it shall be available for public inspection. The council shall thereupon fix a time and place when and where the council will meet in open session and consider the report and the assessment roll and hear all objections to the assessment roll by the property owners of the district.

[50-1712, added 1976, ch. 160, sec. 2, p. 577.]

How current is this law?