Print Friendly

     Idaho Statutes

Idaho Statutes are updated to the website July 1 following the legislative session.


52-406.  Right to possession of real property and personal property after hearing on the temporary injunction — Conditions for avoidance of temporary forfeiture. If upon hearing, the allegations of the complaint are sustained by clear and convincing evidence that a moral nuisance exists and is likely to continue in the absence of injunctive relief, the court shall issue a temporary injunction, without additional bond, restraining the defendant and any other person from continuing the nuisance.
If at the time the temporary injunction is granted, it further appears that the person owning, in control, or in charge of the nuisance so enjoined had received five (5) days’ notice of the hearing, then the court shall declare a temporary forfeiture of the use of the real property upon which such public nuisance is located and the personal property located therein and shall forthwith issue an order closing such place against its use for any purpose until final decision is rendered on the application for a permanent injunction, unless:
(1)  the nuisance complained of has been abated by such person, or
(2)  the owner of such property, as a "good faith" lessor, has taken action to void said lease as is authorized by section 52-414, Idaho Code.
Such order shall also continue in effect for such further period the order, authorized in section 52-404, Idaho Code, restraining the removal of personal property or, if not so issued, shall include such an order restraining for such period the removal or interference with the personal property and contents located therein. Such restraining order shall be served and the inventory of such property shall be made and filed as provided for in section 52-404, Idaho Code.
Such order shall also require such persons to show cause within thirty (30) days why such closing order should not be made permanent, as provided for in section 52-412, Idaho Code.

[52-406, added 1976, ch. 82, sec. 4, p. 277; am. 1982, ch. 271, sec. 1, p. 702.]

How current is this law?