PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
ENGINEERS AND SURVEYORS
54-1216. Expirations and renewals — Fees. (1) Each licensee or intern shall apply for renewal by the last day of the month during which the licensee was born, in even-numbered state of Idaho fiscal years for those born in even-numbered calendar years and in odd-numbered state of Idaho fiscal years for those born in odd-numbered calendar years, and shall become invalid on that date unless renewed.
(2) Certificates of authorization for business entities shall expire annually on the last day of the month in which the certificates were initially issued and shall become invalid on that date unless renewed.
(3) Renewal shall be effective after the payment of a renewal fee to be fixed by the board at not more than one hundred fifty dollars ($150) and upon completion of any requirements for renewal required by this chapter or administrative rule.
(4) The failure on the part of any licensee or certificate holder to renew his or its license or certificate before expiration shall not deprive such person or business entity of the right of renewal, but the fee to be paid for the renewal of a license or certificate after the month in which it is due shall be increased fifty percent (50%) for each month or fraction of a month that payment of renewal is delayed; provided however, that the maximum fee for delayed renewal shall not exceed five hundred dollars ($500).
(5) Any work performed after a license or certificate of authorization has expired, but before delayed renewal has been effected, shall become valid upon delayed renewal as if the license or certificate of authorization had not expired, but the licensee or certificate holder may be subject to disciplinary action by the board for practice on an expired license or such other action as provided pursuant to this chapter.
(6) The renewal of intern certificates shall be processed as prescribed in subsections (1) and (4) of this section for licensees, except that the biennial renewal fee shall not be more than thirty dollars ($30.00). The failure on the part of any intern to effect renewal shall not invalidate his status as an engineer intern or land surveyor intern, but his name shall be removed from the board’s mailing list.
[54-1216, added 1939, ch. 231, sec. 16, p. 516; am. 1953, ch. 162, sec. 1, p. 257; am. 1961, ch. 258, sec. 7, p. 422; am. 1963, ch. 24, sec. 1, p. 166; am. 1970, ch. 95, sec. 3, p. 238; am. 1978, ch. 170, sec. 12, p. 381; am. 1979, ch. 111, sec. 1, p. 355; am. 1984, ch. 254, sec. 3, p. 607; am. 1986, ch. 140, sec. 15, p. 389; am. 1990, ch. 192, sec. 6, p. 430; am. 1996, ch. 357, sec. 13, p. 1197; am. 2000, ch. 289, sec. 11, p. 1001; am. 2001, ch. 247, sec. 6, p. 895; am. 2008, ch. 378, sec. 14, p. 1038; am. 2010, ch. 111, sec. 4, p. 226; am. 2015, ch. 114, sec. 4, p. 295; am. 2020, ch. 127, sec. 3, p. 400.]