PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
NURSING HOME ADMINISTRATORS
54-1601. Definitions. As used in this act, unless otherwise stated, the following terms shall have the respective meanings hereinafter set forth or indicated:
(1) "Administrator designee" means a qualified individual filling a vacant nursing home administrator position pursuant to a signed agreement.
(2) "Board" means the board of examiners of nursing home administrators of the state of Idaho.
(3) "Examiner" means a member of the board of examiners of nursing home administrators of the state of Idaho.
(4) "Executive secretary" means the secretary of the board of examiners of nursing home administrators of the state of Idaho.
(5) "Health care facility" means any institution or facility which supplies all of the functional needs of an individual in need of residence care, and defined as such for licensing purposes under state law or pursuant to the rules for nursing homes, hospitals, residential or assisted living facilities, whether proprietary or nonprofit, and shall include, but not be limited to, health care facilities owned or administered by the state government or any agency or political subdivisions thereof.
(6) "Nursing home administrator" means any individual responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the operation of a nursing home, or who in fact performs such functions, whether or not such functions are shared by one (1) or more other persons.
(7) "Nursing home administrator-in-training" means an individual registered as such under and pursuant to the provisions of this act.
(8) "Practice of nursing home administration" means that planning, organizing, directing, and control of the operation of a nursing home.
(9) "Temporary permit" means a privilege granted by the board to an individual who has submitted an endorsement application evidencing a license in good standing in another state allowing their temporary practice as a nursing home administrator until their application is acted upon by the board.
[54-1601, added 1970, ch. 177, sec. 1, p. 512; am. 1980, ch. 92, sec. 1, p. 198; am. 1989, ch. 193, sec. 13, p. 482; am. 1999, ch. 161, sec. 1, p. 441; am. 2000, ch. 274, sec. 131, p. 865; am. 2001, ch. 77, sec. 1, p. 193.]