PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
54-2304. Establishment of board of psychologist examiners. There is hereby created in the division of occupational and professional licenses an Idaho state board of psychologist examiners as follows:
(1) Said board shall consist of four (4) licensed psychologist members and one (1) public member who is not a practitioner or spouse of a practitioner in any health care field and who is not a convicted felon and who has not been an applicant for licensure as a psychologist, who are citizens of the United States, residents of the state of Idaho, and appointed by the governor for four (4) year terms. The psychologist members’ terms shall be staggered such that only one (1) term expires June 30 of each year.
(2) Each psychologist board member shall be licensed under this chapter.
(3) When the term of each psychologist member of the board ends, the governor shall appoint his successor for a term of four (4) years. The governor may consider recommendations for appointment to the board from the Idaho psychological association and from any individual residing in this state. Any vacancy occurring on the board shall be filled by the governor by appointment for the unexpired term. Board members shall serve at the pleasure of the governor.
(4) At all times, the board shall have at least one (1) member who is engaged primarily in rendering services in psychology and at least one (1) member who is engaged primarily in teaching, training, or research in psychology.
(5) No board member shall serve more than two (2) consecutive terms.
(6) Each board member shall be compensated as provided by section 59-509(n), Idaho Code.
(7) The board shall annually in the month of July, hold a meeting, and elect a chairman and vice chairman. The board shall meet at such other times as deemed necessary and advisable by the chairman, or by a majority of its members, or by the governor. Reasonable notice of all meetings shall be given as required by law. A majority of the board shall constitute a quorum at any meeting or hearing.
[54-2304, added 1963, ch. 186, sec. 4, p. 549; am. 1965, ch. 201, sec. 7, p. 446; am. 1969, ch. 464, sec. 17, p. 1304; am. 1974, ch. 13, sec. 159, p. 138; am. 1980, ch. 247, sec. 69, p. 637; am. 1982, ch. 145, sec. 1, p. 406; am. 1990, ch. 68, sec. 1, p. 150; am. 1996, ch. 66, sec. 6, p. 203; am. 1999, ch. 150, sec. 1, p. 421; am. 2009, ch. 33, sec. 3, p. 91; am. 2016, ch. 340, sec. 28, p. 949; am. 2021, ch. 222, sec. 21, p. 636.]