PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
FREEDOM OF CHOICE OF DENTURES ACT
54-3314. Suspension or revocation of license. (a) After providing an opportunity for an appropriate contested case in accordance with the provisions of chapter 52, title 67, Idaho Code, the board shall have the power to refuse to issue a license, suspend or revoke a license, or place a licensed person on probation for a period specified by the board and subject to such conditions as the board shall impose, or reprimand or censure a licensee for any of the following causes:
(1) Conviction, finding of guilt, receipt of a withheld judgment or suspended sentence in this or any other state of a felony or of any other crime where such crime bears a demonstrable relationship to the practice of denturitry.
(2) Incompetence or gross negligence in the practice of denturitry.
(3) Fraud or misrepresentation in the practice of denturitry.
(4) Use of any narcotic or dangerous drug or intoxicating liquor to an extent that such use impairs the ability to conduct safely the practice of denturitry.
(5) The violation of any provision of this chapter or rules adopted thereunder.
(b) The board shall have the power to examine and inspect the place of business of any licensed denturist at a reasonable time and in a reasonable manner to assure compliance with this chapter.
(c) The board shall have the right to establish standards of conduct and practice, and the power to enforce such standards with monetary penalties and/or revocation or suspension of license.
[54-3314, added Init Measure 1982 No. 2, sec. 14; am. 1983, ch. 194, sec. 1, p. 532; am. 1988, ch. 133, sec. 5, p. 239; am. 1993, ch. 216, sec. 89, p. 662.]