PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
IDAHO GRAPE GROWERS AND WINE PRODUCERS COMMISSION
54-3604. Commission members — Appointment. Grower and producer members of the commission shall be selected as follows:
(1) The governor shall appoint three (3) grower members and two (2) producer members.
(2) The three (3) grower members shall be appointed to one (1), two (2) and three (3) year terms, respectively. The two (2) producer members shall be appointed to two (2) and three (3) year terms, respectively. Members shall be selected from nominations made by growers and producers as follows:
(a) Prior to July 1, the growers of the state shall convene for the purpose of nominating grower commission members. The growers of the state shall nominate at least three (3) and no more than six (6) growers and submit the names to the governor.
(b) Prior to July 1, the producers shall convene for the purpose of nominating producer commission members. The producers shall nominate at least two (2) and no more than four (4) producers and submit the names to the governor.
Initial commission members shall commence their terms, August 1, 1991. Terms of commission members thereafter shall be for three (3) years.
(3) Members of the commission may not serve more than two (2) consecutive terms; provided, upon serving two (2) consecutive terms, and the lapse of one (1) full term, such member may again be appointed to the commission.
(4) Commission members currently serving shall continue to serve until reappointed or until a new commission member is appointed.
(5) In the event there are vacancies in the commission, the governor shall make the appointment or appointments to fill the vacancy.
[54-3604, added 1984, ch. 42, sec. 1, p. 69; am. 1991, ch. 319, sec. 2, p. 831; am. 2005, ch. 320, sec. 1, p. 987.]