PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
RESPIRATORY CARE PRACTICE ACT
54-4304. LICENSURE BOARD. (1) The licensure board shall consist of five (5) members appointed by the board, including three (3) licensed respiratory therapists, one (1) licensed respiratory therapist who is also a permitted polysomnographic technologist, and one (1) member of the public. All members shall be residents of Idaho at the time of their appointments and for their terms of service.
(2) In making appointments to the licensure board, the board shall give consideration to recommendations made by the Idaho society for respiratory care, the Idaho sleep professionals association, or other professional organizations or individuals.
(3) Licensure board members shall serve terms not to exceed three (3) years. No person shall be appointed to serve more than two (2) terms. In the event of death, resignation, or removal of any member before the expiration of the term to which appointed, the vacancy shall be filled for the unexpired portion of the term in the same manner as the original appointment.
(4) The board may, upon recommendation of the licensure board, or upon its own motion, remove any member of the licensure board, for cause, prior to the expiration of the member’s term.
(5) The licensure board shall at least annually hold a meeting and elect a chairperson who shall preside at meetings of the licensure board. In the event the chairperson is not present at any licensure board meeting, the licensure board may by majority vote of the members present appoint a temporary chairperson.
(6) A majority of the members of the licensure board shall constitute a quorum. Other meetings may be convened at the call of the chairperson or the written request of any two (2) licensure board members.
(7) Each member of the licensure board shall be compensated as provided in section 59-509(n), Idaho Code.
[54-4304, added 2021, ch. 21, sec. 2, p. 56.]