PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
54-5602. DEFINITIONS. As used in this chapter:
(1) "ABGC" means the American board of genetic counseling, inc., its successor or equivalent.
(2) "ABMG" means the American board of medical genetics, its successor or equivalent.
(3) "ACS" means active candidate status conferred by the American board of genetic counseling.
(4) "Board" means the genetic counselors licensing board.
(5) "Bureau" means the bureau of occupational licenses.
(6) "Certification" means the voluntary process by which a nongovernmental agency grants recognition and use of a credential to individuals who have met predetermined and standardized criteria.
(7) "Certification examination" means the certification examination for genetic counselors administered by a certifying agency approved by the board.
(8) "CEU" means continuing education unit as defined by the board by rule.
(9) "Code of ethics" means the current code of ethics adopted by the board.
(10) "Genetic counseling" means performing acts of a genetic counselor as described in section 54-5603, Idaho Code.
(11) "Genetic counselor" means an individual who is licensed under this chapter to engage in the practice of genetic counseling.
(12) "Licensed physician" means a person holding a license issued under chapter 18, title 54, Idaho Code.
(13) "NSGC" means the national society of genetic counselors, its successor or equivalent.
(14) "Person" means an individual and does not mean an association of individuals or a legal entity.
[54-5602, added 2015, ch. 128, sec. 1, p. 322.]