PUBLIC ASSISTANCE AND WELFARE
IDAHO SKILLED NURSING FACILITY ASSESSMENT ACT
56-1511. annual nursing facility adjustment payments. (1) All nursing facilities, with the exception of the state and county-owned facilities not included in subsection (2) of this section, shall be eligible for annual nursing facility adjustments.
(2) The Idaho state veterans nursing homes shall be eligible to participate in the program and shall be eligible for annual nursing facility adjustments.
(3) For the purpose of this section, "nursing facility days" are days of nursing facility services paid for by the Idaho medical assistance program for the applicable state fiscal year.
(a) For state fiscal year 2010, medicaid days for each provider’s cost report ending in calendar year 2008 shall be utilized to determine the nursing facility adjustment payment.
(b) For state fiscal year 2011, medicaid days for each provider’s cost report ending in calendar year 2009 shall be utilized to determine the nursing facility adjustment payment.
(4) Adjustment payments shall be paid on an annual basis to reimburse covered medicaid expenditures in the aggregate within the upper payment limit.
(5) Each annual payment shall be made no later than thirty (30) days after the receipt of the last annual deposit of the nursing facility assessments required in section 56-1504, Idaho Code.
(6) The department shall implement quality performance reporting beginning in state fiscal year 2019.
(a) During state fiscal years 2019 and 2020, quality performance data will be provided to nursing facilities to illustrate how their performance would impact their value-based purchasing payment.
(b) For state fiscal year 2021 and beyond, payments from the fund described in section 56-1504, Idaho Code, shall be based on quality indicators.
[56-1511, added 2011, ch. 164, sec. 23, p. 479; am. 2018, ch. 49, sec. 3, p. 127.]