PUBLIC ASSISTANCE AND WELFARE
56-606. Authority of the park and recreation board. In order to carry out the purposes of this act the park and recreation board shall have the authority to:
1. Formulate rules and regulations for operation of the project.
2. Appoint, in accordance with the policy and regulations of the department, such qualified personnel as it deems necessary for the efficient and economic discharge of the functions of the project. Compensation and benefits of all such appointees to be fixed as may be provided by law and the policies and regulations of the department.
3. Establish adequate standards of safety, health, and morals for participants.
4. To enter into such agreements with and otherwise cooperate with such other governmental agencies, departments and instrumentalities as may be necessary in carrying out the purposes of this act.
5. To formulate such other rules and regulations, establish such other procedures, and enter into such contracts and agreements and generally perform such functions as it may deem necessary or desirable to carry out the provisions of this act.
6. To provide a regular schedule of work, on-the-job training and recreation as falls naturally within the philosophy and program scope of the youth conservation project.
[56-606, added 1963, ch. 126, sec. 6, p. 370; am. 1970, ch. 178, sec. 4, p. 522; am. 1974, ch. 8, sec. 22, p. 35.]