PUBLIC FUNDS IN GENERAL
CENTRAL CANCER REGISTRY FUND
57-1703. Cancer registry — Definitions. (1) "Cancer" means all in situ or malignant neoplasms diagnosed by histology, radiology, laboratory testing, clinical observation, autopsy or suggestible by cytology, but excluding basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma of the skin unless occurring on a mucous membrane and excluding in situ neoplasms of the cervix.
(2) "Reportable benign tumors" means noncancerous neoplasms occurring in the brain, meninges, pineal gland or pituitary gland.
(3) "Confidential information" refers to information which may identify a cancer patient, health care facility or health care provider.
(4) "Contractor" means that individual, partnership, corporation or other entity performing cancer registry services under a contractual agreement with the department.
(5) "Department" means the Idaho department of health and welfare.
(6) "Population-based" refers to all cancers and reportable benign tumors diagnosed and/or treated within the state of Idaho by hospitals or other facilities providing screening, diagnostic or therapeutic services to patients with respect to cancer, and from physicians, surgeons, and all other health care providers diagnosing or providing treatment for cancer patients.
[57-1703, added 1995, ch. 67, sec. 3, p. 171; am. 1999, ch. 76, sec. 1, p. 220.]