Print Friendly

     Idaho Statutes

Idaho Statutes are updated to the website July 1 following the legislative session.


59-1604.  Credited state service. (1) For the purposes of payroll, vacation or annual leave, sick leave and other applicable purposes, credited state service shall be earned by:
(a)  The elective officers of the executive department, except the lieutenant governor;
(b)  Nonclassified officers and employees of any department, commission, division, agency or board of the executive department, except for part-time members of boards, commissions and committees;
(c)  Officers and employees of the legislative department, except members of the house of representatives and the senate.
(2)  Eligible nonclassified officers and employees shall accrue credited state service at the same rate and under the same conditions as is provided in section 67-5332, Idaho Code, for classified officers and employees.
(3)  Members of the legislature, the lieutenant governor, and members of part-time boards, commissions and committees, shall not be eligible for annual leave or sick leave.
(4)  Credited state service for those officers and employees identified by section 67-5303(j), Idaho Code, shall be as determined by the state board of education, except no such officer or employee shall be credited with more than two thousand eighty (2,080) hours during any twelve (12) month period.
Any policy and procedures determined by the state board of education must be communicated to the state controller in writing at least one hundred eighty (180) days in advance of the effective date of the policy and procedures.
(5)  Service for retirement purposes shall be as provided in chapter 13, title 59, Idaho Code, or in chapter 20, title 1, Idaho Code.

[59-1604, added 1977, ch. 307, sec. 16, p. 874; am. 1989, ch. 312, sec. 1, p. 808; am. 1994, ch. 180, sec. 145, p. 514; am. 1994, ch. 272, sec. 7, p. 848; am. 1996, ch. 79, sec. 5, p. 260; am. 2000, ch. 121, sec. 5, p. 268; am. 2016, ch. 47, sec. 39, p. 124.]

How current is this law?