ACTIONS IN PARTICULAR CASES
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LIABILITIES OF BICYCLISTS AND MOUNTAIN OPERATORS
6-3302. Definitions. The following words and phrases when used in this chapter shall have, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the meanings given to them in this section.
(1) "Aerial passenger tramway" means any device operated by a mountain operator used to transport passengers by single or double reversible tramway; chairlift or gondola lift; T-bar lift, J-bar lift, platter lift, or similar device; a fiber rope or wire rope tow, or a conveyor that is subject to regulations adopted by the proper authority.
(2) "Bicyclist" means any person present at a mountain area under the control of a mountain operator for the purpose of engaging in activities, including but not limited to bicycling downhill or uphill, jumping on a bicycle or any other cycling device, or who is using any mountain area. "Bicyclist" does not include a person using an aerial passenger tramway.
(3) "Mountain area" means the property owned, leased, or authorized under a special use permit and under the control of the mountain operator within the state of Idaho.
(4) "Mountain operator" means any person, partnership, corporation, or other commercial entity, and its agents, officers, employees, or representatives, who has operational responsibility for nonwinter activities at any mountain area and the use of an aerial passenger tramway during spring, summer, and fall.
(5) "Passenger" means any person who is lawfully using an aerial passenger tramway or is waiting to embark or has recently disembarked from an aerial passenger tramway and is in its immediate vicinity.
[6-3302, added 2020, ch. 329, sec. 1, p. 949.]