REVENUE AND TAXATION
ANTICIPATION OF REVENUE BY STATE
63-3202. Procedure for issuance of notes. (1) Whenever the state treasurer shall deem it to the best interests of the state of Idaho to issue state of Idaho tax anticipation notes, as provided in section 63-3201, Idaho Code, the state treasurer shall make written application to the state board of examiners, stating the amount of state of Idaho tax anticipation notes the state treasurer deems advisable to issue. Upon approval of the state board of examiners by order or resolution duly entered on the minutes of the state board of examiners, the state treasurer shall issue the tax anticipation notes in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.
(2) Prior to the public issuance and public sale of any tax anticipation note, the state treasurer shall prepare a written plan of financing which shall be filed in the office of the governor. The plan of financing shall provide for the terms and conditions under which the tax anticipation notes shall be issued, sold and delivered, the taxes to be anticipated, the maximum amount of tax anticipation notes which may be outstanding at any one time under the plan of financing, the sources of payment of the tax anticipation notes issued pursuant to the plan of financing, which may include the proceeds of sale of notes issued to refund outstanding tax anticipation notes and to pay accrued interest thereon, and all other details necessary in connection with the issuance, sale and delivery of the tax anticipation notes. The plan of financing shall specify a method pursuant to which the interest rate or rates on the tax anticipation notes may be determined during the time the tax anticipation notes are outstanding and shall also set forth the maximum interest rate which the tax anticipation notes may bear.
(3) The tax anticipation notes shall bear interest, shall be in the form, shall be executed in the manner, shall be payable, shall be sold in the manner and at prices, either at, in excess of, or below the face value thereof, and generally shall be issued in the manner and with the details as shall be set forth in an order of the state treasurer, all in conformity with any applicable plan of financing and with this chapter.
(4) Each tax anticipation note shall recite that it is a valid and binding obligation of the state of Idaho and that the faith and credit of the state of Idaho is solemnly pledged for the payment of the principal of and interest thereon in accordance with its terms and the constitution and laws of the state of Idaho.
(5) Each tax anticipation note shall be recorded in the office of the state controller.
(6) Immediately upon the completion of any sale, the state treasurer shall make a verified return of said sale to the state controller, specifying the amount of notes sold, the person or persons to whom said notes were sold and the price, terms and conditions of the sale. Immediately upon the sale of any tax anticipation notes, the state treasurer shall credit the proceeds of sale, other than accrued interest, to the general fund of the state.
[63-3202, added 1983, ch. 102, sec. 2, p. 220; am. 1994, ch. 180, sec. 157, p. 523; am. 2003, ch. 32, sec. 33, p. 137.]