STATE GOVERNMENT AND STATE AFFAIRS
IDAHO ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE ACT
67-5224. Pending rule. (1) Prior to the adoption of a rule, the agency shall consider fully all written and oral submissions respecting the proposed rule.
(2) Subject to the provisions of subsection (3) of this section, the agency shall publish the text of a pending rule and a notice of adoption of the pending rule in the bulletin. The notice of adoption of the pending rule shall consist of a concise explanatory statement containing:
(a) Reasons for adopting the rule;
(b) Any changes between the text of the proposed rule and the text of the pending rule with the reasons for any changes;
(c) The date on which the pending rule will become final and effective, as provided in section 67-5291(5), Idaho Code, and a statement that the pending rule must be approved by concurrent resolution of the legislature;
(d) An identification of any pending fee rule and a statement that this pending fee rule shall not become final and effective unless affirmatively approved by concurrent resolution of the legislature;
(e) The specific statutory authority for the rulemaking including a citation to the specific section of the Idaho Code that has occasioned the rulemaking, or the federal statute or regulation if that is the basis of authority or requirement for the rulemaking; and
(f) Except as otherwise required in paragraph (g) of this subsection, a specific description, if applicable, of any negative fiscal impact on the state general fund greater than ten thousand dollars ($10,000) during the fiscal year when the pending rule will become effective; provided however, that notwithstanding section 67-5231, Idaho Code, the absence or accuracy of a fiscal impact statement provided pursuant to this paragraph shall not affect the validity or the enforceability of the rule; or
(g) If a notice of proposed rulemaking of the Idaho state tax commission, a specific description of any negative or positive fiscal impact greater than ten thousand dollars ($10,000) during the fiscal year when the pending rule will become effective; provided however, notwithstanding section 67-5231, Idaho Code, the absence or accuracy of a fiscal impact statement provided pursuant to this paragraph shall not affect the validity or the enforceability of the rule.
(3) With the permission of the coordinator, the agency need not publish in full the text of the pending rule if no significant changes have been made from the text of the proposed rule as published in the bulletin, but the notice of adoption of the pending rule must cite the volume of the bulletin where the text is available and note all changes that have been made.
(4) An agency shall not publish a pending rule until at least seven (7) days after the close of all public comment.
(5) Each agency shall provide the coordinator with a description of any pending fee rule, along with a citation of the specific statute authorizing the imposition or increase of the fee or charge. The coordinator shall provide the legislature with a compilation of the descriptions provided by the agencies.
(6) Upon adjournment sine die of the legislature or as soon thereafter as is practicable, the coordinator shall publish the date of adjournment and the date rules became effective and a list of final rules becoming effective on a different date, as provided in section 67-5291, Idaho Code, and temporary rules remaining in effect as provided in section 67-5291, Idaho Code.
[67-5224, added 1992, ch. 263, sec. 14, p. 798; am. 1995, ch. 196, sec. 1, p. 686; am. 1996, ch. 161, sec. 6, p. 535; am. 1999, ch. 20, sec. 1, p. 28; am. 2005, ch. 220, sec. 1, p. 696; am. 2013, ch. 284, sec. 2, p. 733; am. 2014, ch. 191, sec. 1, p. 515; am. 2023, ch. 314, sec. 4, p. 960.]