STATE GOVERNMENT AND STATE AFFAIRS
IDAHO STATE COUNCIL FOR THE DEAF AND HARD OF HEARING
67-7307. Responsibilities and duties. The council shall:
(1) Work to increase access to employment, educational and social-interaction opportunities for deaf and hard of hearing individuals.
(2) Increase awareness of the needs of the deaf and hard of hearing through educational and informational programs.
(3) Encourage consultation and cooperation among departments, agencies and institutions serving the deaf and hard of hearing.
(4) Provide a network through which all state and federal programs dealing with deaf and hard of hearing individuals can be channeled.
(5) Determine the extent and availability of services to the deaf and hard of hearing, determine the need for further services and make appropriate recommendations to government officials to ensure that the needs of deaf and hard of hearing citizens are best served.
(6) Coordinate, advocate for, and recommend the development of public policies and programs that provide full and equal opportunity and accessibility for deaf and hard of hearing persons in Idaho.
(7) Monitor consumer protection issues that involve the deaf and hard of hearing population of the state of Idaho.
(8) Submit periodic reports to the governor, the legislature, and departments of state government on how current federal and state programs, rules, regulations, and legislation affect services to persons who are deaf or hard of hearing.
[67-7307, added 1991, ch. 122, sec. 1, p. 267; am. 2020, ch. 12, sec. 11, p. 28.]