STATE GOVERNMENT AND STATE AFFAIRS
MARINE SEWAGE DISPOSAL ACT
67-7503. Definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Discharge" includes, but it [is] not limited to, any spilling, leaking, pumping, pouring, emitting, emptying or dumping.
(2) "Enforcement officer" means all persons designated as peace officers and authorized special deputies under Idaho law.
(3) "Manufacturer" means any person engaged in manufacturing, assembling, or importing of marine sanitation devices or of vessels subject to the standards and regulations promulgated under the federal water pollution control act, as amended.
(4) "Marine sanitation device" and "device" means any equipment for installation on board a vessel which is designed to receive, retain, treat, or discharge sewage, and any process to treat such sewage.
(5) "Other wastes" include, but are not limited to, garbage, refuse, wood debris, oil, tar, and other "pollutants" as defined in the federal water pollution control act, as amended.
(6) "Owner" means any person having a property interest in or entitled to the use or possession of a vessel, including a person entitled to use or possession subject to the interest in another person reserved or created by agreement and securing payment of performance of an obligation, but not including a lessee under lease not intended as security.
(7) "Person" means an individual, partnership, firm, corporation or association, but does not include an individual on board a public vessel.
(8) "Public vessel" means a vessel owned or bareboat chartered and operated by the United States, by a state or political subdivision thereof, or by a foreign nation, except when such vessel is engaged in commerce.
(9) "Sewage" means human body wastes and the wastes from toilets and other receptacles intended to receive or retain body wastes.
(10) "Vessel" shall include every description of watercraft or other artificial contrivance used, or capable of being used, as a means of transportation on the waters of the state of Idaho.
(11) "Waters of this state" mean any waters in the state of Idaho over which the state has jurisdiction.
[67-7503, added 1989, ch. 365, sec. 1, p. 913.]