AGRICULTURE AND HORTICULTURE
WHEAT — PROMOTION OF MARKETING
22-3303. Definitions. As used in this act, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Commercial channels" means the sale of wheat for use as food, feed, seed, or any industrial or chemurgic use, when sold to any commercial buyer, user, dealer, processor, cooperative, or to any person, public or private, who resells any wheat or product produced from wheat.
(2) "Commission" means the Idaho wheat commission.
(3) "First purchaser" means any person, group, association or partnership that buys wheat from the grower in the first instance, or any lienholder, public or private, including the Commodity Credit Corporation, who may possess wheat from the grower under any lien.
(4) "Grower" means any landowner personally engaged in growing wheat, a tenant of the landowner personally engaged in growing wheat, or both the owner and the tenant jointly, and includes a person, partnership, association, corporation, cooperative, trust, sharecropper or any and all other business units, devices and arrangements.
(5) "Sale" includes any pledge, mortgage or delivery of wheat for sale after harvest to any person, public or private.
(6) "Delivery" means placing of wheat into the primary channels of trade.
(7) "Crop reduction program" means an offer by an agency of the United States government to give growers an amount of wheat as payment for reducing planted acreage of wheat.
[22-3303, added 1959, ch. 6, sec. 3, p. 13; am. 1983, ch. 227, sec. 1, p. 628.]