BANKS AND BANKING
26-2224. License application. Every applicant for a license under this act shall file with the director an application in a form prescribed by the director that shall include:
(1) The name of the applicant; if the applicant is a corporation, a list of its officers and directors and their addresses; if the applicant is a partnership, a list of the partners and their addresses; or if the applicant is a limited liability company, a list of its members or managers and their addresses.
(2) The street address of the applicant’s principal location.
(3) All names by which the applicant engages in collection activities.
(4) The names of all persons and organizations with which the applicant is affiliated, and the location of the principal office or place of business of each such affiliate.
(5) A complete description of the business to be conducted, or plan of operation contemplated, by the applicant in this state.
(6) The name, address and qualifications of a natural person possessing a minimum of three (3) years of experience related to the business to be conducted under this act who will supervise the applicant’s office locations from which business activities in this state will be conducted.
(7) Copies of all contracts, forms, form letters, and advertisements or solicitations to be used by the applicant in its business activities under this act, which must accompany the application and be identified as exhibits by number.
(8) If the applicant is a corporation, a limited liability company, partnership, or limited liability partnership, a copy of its articles of incorporation, articles of organization, partnership agreement, or operating agreement, duly authenticated.
(9) A list of the names, business addresses and telephone numbers of all agents who will contact persons or solicit business for the applicant in this state.
(10) The name and business address of the applicant’s agent for service of process located in this state.
(11) A nonrefundable application fee of one hundred fifty dollars ($150).
(12) An agreement of consent authorizing the director to examine any and all of the applicant’s financial accounts used for business activities under this act.
(13) Such other information concerning the applicant as the director may reasonably require. Such application shall be executed and verified on oath by the applicant. Information required at the time of application, except for advertisements and solicitations, shall be updated and filed with the director as necessary to keep the information current.
[26-2224, added 1970, ch. 53, sec. 3, p. 118; am. 1974, ch. 154, sec. 2, p. 1379; am. 1990, ch. 213, sec. 23, p. 503; am. 1995, ch. 211, sec. 3, p. 716; am. 2002, ch. 190, sec. 3, p. 546; am. 2008, ch. 347, sec. 4, p. 941.]