Print Friendly

     Idaho Statutes

Idaho Statutes are updated to the website July 1 following the legislative session.


26-3305.  Out-of-state offices. (1) A state bank, a state trust company or a savings association chartered under the laws of this state may establish and maintain a new trust office or a representative trust office or acquire and maintain an office in a state other than this state. Such a trust institution desiring to establish or acquire, and maintain, an office in another state under this section shall file a notice with the director on a form prescribed by the director, which shall set forth the name of the trust institution, the location of the proposed office, whether the office will be a trust office or a representative trust office, and whether the laws of the jurisdiction where the office will be located permit the office to be maintained by the trust institution, furnish a copy of the resolution adopted by the board authorizing the out-of-state office, and pay the filing fee, if any, prescribed by the director.
(2)  The trust institution may commence business at the additional office on the thirty-first day after the date the director receives the notice, unless the director specifies an earlier or later date.
(3)  The thirty (30) day period of review may be extended by the director on a determination that the written notice raises issues that require additional information or additional time for analysis. If the period of review is extended, the trust institution may establish the additional office only on prior written approval by the director.
(4)  The director may deny approval of the additional office if the director finds that the trust institution lacks sufficient financial resources to undertake the proposed expansion without adversely affecting its safety or soundness or that the proposed office would be contrary to the public interest. In acting on the notice, the director shall consider the views of the appropriate bank supervisory agencies.

[26-3305, added 2000, ch. 288, sec. 9, p. 982.]

How current is this law?