FOOD, DRUGS, AND OIL
DAIRIES AND DAIRY PRODUCTS
37-318. License requirements for manufacturers of food products made to resemble dairy products. (1) It is unlawful to engage in the manufacture of food products resembling dairy products, unless a license for the current calendar year for each separate plant or place used for such business is issued by the director of the Idaho department of agriculture.
(2) Applications for a license shall be in the form which shall be prescribed by the director of the Idaho department of agriculture.
(3) The application shall be accompanied by a fee of one hundred dollars ($100). The fee shall be prorated on a monthly basis for any licensee that commences operations after the first quarter in any calendar year whether or not such plant was licensed during the preceding calendar year.
(4) Plant licenses are not required if the plant is located in a state other than Idaho.
(5) The director of the Idaho department of agriculture shall issue to each applicant that meets the requirements of this section, a license which entitles the applicant to manufacture, sell, or distribute food products resembling dairy products for the then current calendar year for which the license is issued, unless the license is sooner revoked or suspended.
(6) The license shall expire at the end of each calendar year.
(7) It is unlawful for any person to sell any food product resembling dairy products which has been produced in a plant that is in an unsanitary condition.
(8) The manufacture of food products resembling dairy products under unhealthful or unsanitary conditions or which violate the provisions of sections 37-315 through 37-318, Idaho Code, and rules or regulations adopted pursuant thereto, shall be grounds for revocation or suspension of such license.
[(37-318) 37-334e, added 1987, ch. 7, sec. 6, p. 11; am. and redesig. 2014, ch. 275, sec. 37, p. 694.]