HEALTH AND SAFETY
39-9801. definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Assistance" means aid in meeting daily living needs.
(2) "Essential caregiver" means a person or persons designated by a patient or resident to visit the patient or resident in person at a facility.
(3) "Facility" means an institution providing health care services, a health care setting, or a setting in which to receive assistance, including but not limited to hospitals and other licensed inpatient centers, ambulatory surgical or treatment centers, nursing facilities, skilled nursing centers, residential treatment centers, rehabilitation and other therapeutic health settings, or assisted living facilities.
(4) "Health care services" means services for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, cure, or relief of a health condition, illness, injury, or disease.
(5) "Patient" means a person receiving health care services at a facility.
(6) "Resident" means a person receiving assistance at a facility.
[(39-9801) 39-9701, added 2022, ch. 134, sec. 1, p. 500; am. and redesig. 2023, ch. 218, sec. 12, p. 615; am. and redesig. 2023, ch. 300, sec. 1, p. 910.]