41-1082. definitions. As used in sections 41-1081 through 41-1089, Idaho Code:
(1) "Customer" means a person who purchases portable electronics or services.
(2) "Enrolled Customer" means a customer who purchases coverage under a portable electronics insurance policy issued to a vendor of portable electronics, which vendor would be the insured under a master or group policy.
(3) "Location" means any physical location in the state of Idaho or any website, call center site or similar location directed to residents of the state of Idaho.
(4) "Portable electronics" means electronic devices that are portable in nature and includes accessories and any services related to the use of such device.
(5) (a) "Portable electronics insurance" means insurance providing coverage for the repair or replacement of portable electronics against any one (1) or more of the following causes of loss: loss of the portable electronic device, theft, inoperability due to mechanical failure, malfunction, damage or other similar causes of loss;
(b) "Portable electronics insurance" does not include:
(i) A service contract as defined in section 41-114A, Idaho Code;
(ii) A policy of insurance covering a seller’s or a manufacturer’s obligations under a warranty; or
(iii) A homeowner’s, renter’s, private passenger automobile, commercial multi-peril or similar insurance policy.
(6) "Portable electronics transaction" means:
(a) The sale or lease of portable electronics by a vendor to a customer; or
(b) The sale of a service related to the use of portable electronics by a vendor to a customer.
(7) "Supervising entity" means a business entity that is a licensed insurer or insurance producer that is authorized by an insurer to supervise the administration of a portable electronics insurance program.
(8) "Vendor" means a person in the business of engaging in portable electronics transactions directly or indirectly.
[41-1082, added 2012, ch. 226, sec. 4, p. 621.]