PROPERTY INSURANCE RATES
41-1436. Definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Rating organization" means every person, other than an authorized insurer, whether located within or outside this state, who has as his object or purpose the making of rates, rating plans or rating systems. Two (2) or more authorized insurers which act in concert for the purpose of making rates, rating plans or rating systems, and which do not operate within the specific authorizations contained in section 41-1426 (joint underwriting or joint reinsurance), section 41-1438 of this act (acts in concert), and section 41-1441 of this act (assigned risks), shall be deemed to be a rating organization.
(2) "Advisory organization" means every group, association, or other organization of insurers, whether located within or outside this state, which prepares policy forms or makes underwriting rules incident to but not including the making of rates, rating plans or rating systems or which collects and furnishes to authorized insurers or rating organizations loss or expense statistics or other statistical information and data and acts in an advisory, as distinguished from a rate-making, capacity.
(3) "Member" means an insurer which participates in or is entitled to participate in the management of a rating, advisory or other organization.
(4) "Subscriber" means an insurer which is furnished at its request:
(a) With rates and rating manuals by a rating organization of which it is not a member, or
(b) With advisory services by an advisory organization of which it is not a member.
(5) "Wilful" or "wilfully" in relation to an act or omission which constitutes a violation of this chapter means with actual knowledge or belief that such act or omission constitutes such violation and with specific intent nevertheless to commit such act or omission.
[I.C., sec. 41-1436, as added by 1969, ch. 306, sec. 13, p. 917.]