41-2704. Application of act — Business of title insurance. The provisions of chapter 27, title 41, Idaho Code, shall apply to all title insurance companies, title insurance rating organizations, title insurance agents, applicants for title insurance, policyholders and to all persons and business entities engaged in the business of title insurance. The business of title insurance shall include:
(1) The making, or proposing to make, as an insurer, guarantor or surety, or proposing any contract or policy of title insurance, which shall include all certificates, policies, binders, preliminary reports or other underwriting contracts and indorsements;
(2) Transacting or proposing to transact any phase of title insurance including solicitations, negotiations preliminary to and execution of a contract of title insurance, and matters subsequent to the issuance of such contract;
(3) The performance of any act included herein by a title insurer or a title insurance agent including, but not limited to, handling of escrows, settlements or closing incident to any contract or policy of title insurance;
(4) The issuance of closing or settlement protection by a title insurer pursuant to section 41-2714, Idaho Code; or
(5) The doing, or proposing to do, any business in substance equivalent to any of the foregoing in the manner designated to evade the provisions of this chapter.
[41-2704, added 1973, ch. 135, sec. 1, p. 252; am. 2015, ch. 275, sec. 1, p. 1132.]