LOCAL IMPROVEMENT DISTRICTS
43-2505. Resolution of intention to create district. Upon the filing of a petition or upon initiation of a local improvement district by board action, the board shall, at a regular or special meeting, adopt a resolution giving notice of its intention to create the local improvement district, to make the improvements and to levy assessments to pay all or a part thereof. The notice shall contain:
(1) A description of the boundaries of the local improvement district to be created and the property to be assessed, sufficient to inform the owners thereof that their property is to be assessed.
(2) A general description of the improvements contemplated, together with an estimate of the total cost and expenses of the same, and a statement of the percentage or other calculation of the total cost and expenses of the improvements which will be paid from a levy of assessments on property benefited and the percentage or calculation of the total costs and expenses, if any, which will be paid from the general funds of the district or from such other source specified in the notice.
(3) A statement that the costs and expenses of the improvements will be assessed against the lots and lands to which irrigation water shall be delivered from the main system of the district to the lots and lands benefited by such improvements and included in the local improvement district to be created according to a gross acreage method, and the board shall state the method in said notice.
(4) A statement that the local improvement district is to be an enlarged local improvement district within the meaning of this act, if the same is true, and the boundaries of such enlarged local improvement district shall be given.
(5) A statement of the time within which and the place at which protests shall be filed and of the time and place at which the board will conduct a public hearing to consider such protests.
[43-2505, added 1993, ch. 407, sec. 1, p. 1478.]