FARM LABOR CONTRACTOR LICENSING
44-1601. Definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Agricultural association" means any nonprofit or cooperative association of farmers, growers or ranchers, incorporated or qualified under applicable state law.
(2) "Agricultural employer" means any person engaged in any activity included within the definition of "agriculture" in subsection (3) of this section.
(3) "Agriculture" includes farming in all its branches and, among other things, includes the cultivation and tillage of the soil; dairying; the production, cultivation, growing and harvesting of any agricultural, aquacultural or horticultural commodities; the raising of livestock, bees, fur-bearing animals or poultry; and any practices performed by a farmer or on a farm as an incident to or in conjunction with such farming operation, including preparation for market, delivery to storage or to market or to carriers for transportation to market. This definition shall not include forestry, lumbering operations or logging contractors.
(4) "Department" means the department of labor of the state of Idaho.
(5) "Director" means the director of the department of labor.
(6) "Farm labor contracting activity" means recruiting, soliciting, hiring, employing, furnishing or transporting any migrant or seasonal agricultural worker.
(7) "Farm labor contractor" means any person who, for any money or other valuable consideration paid or promised to be paid, performs any farm labor contracting activity.
(8) "Immediate family member" means the spouse, children, brother, sister, mother or father.
(9) "Migrant agricultural worker" means an individual who is employed in agricultural employment of a seasonal or temporary nature, and who is required to be absent overnight from his permanent place of residence. This term does not include any immediate family member of an agricultural employer or a farm labor contractor.
(10) "Person" means an individual, association, partnership, limited liability company, corporation or other business entity.
(11) "Seasonal agricultural worker" means an individual who is employed in agricultural employment of a seasonal or temporary nature and is not required to be absent overnight from his permanent place of residence. This term does not include any immediate family member of an agricultural employer or a farm labor contractor.
[44-1601, added 2002, ch. 328, sec. 1, p. 920.]