ACTIONS IN PARTICULAR CASES
PROTECTION OF PUBLIC EMPLOYEES
6-2103. Definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Adverse action" means to discharge, threaten or otherwise discriminate against an employee in any manner that affects the employee’s employment, including compensation, terms, conditions, location, rights, immunities, promotions or privileges.
(2) "Communicate" means a verbal or written report.
(3) "Employee" means a person who performs a service for wages or other remuneration.
(4) (a) "Employer" means the state of Idaho, or any political subdivision or governmental entity eligible to participate in the public employees retirement system, chapter 13, title 59, Idaho Code;
(b) "Employer" includes an agent of an employer.
(5) "Public body" means any of the following:
(a) A state officer, employee, agency, department, division, bureau, board, commission, council, authority, educational institution or any other body in the executive branch of state government;
(b) An agency, board, commission, council, institution member or employee of the legislative branch of state government;
(c) A county, city, town, regional governing body, council, school district, special district, municipal corporation, other political subdivision, board, department, commission, council, agency or any member or employee of them;
(d) Any other body that is created by state or local authority, or any member or employee of that body;
(e) A law enforcement agency or any member or employee of a law enforcement agency; and
(f) The judiciary and any member or employee of the judiciary.
[6-2103, added 1994, ch. 100, sec. 1, p. 227.]