Idaho Statutes

63-3055.  Release or subordination of income tax lien. (1) The state tax commission may at any time release all or any portion of the property subject to the lien from the lien, or it may subordinate the lien to other liens if it determines:
(a)  That the taxes, penalties or interests are sufficiently secured by a lien on other property of the taxpayer; or
(b)  That the release or subordination of the lien will not endanger or jeopardize the collection of such taxes, penalties or interest; or
(c)  That a surety bond or securities satisfactory to secure deposits of public funds have been posted, deposited or pledged with the state tax commission in an amount sufficient to secure the payment of such taxes, penalties, or interest; or
(d)  All or a part of such taxes, penalties or interest have been paid.
A certificate by the state tax commission to the effect that any property has been released from the lien herein provided for, or that such lien has been subordinated to other liens, shall be conclusive evidence that the property has been released or that the lien has been subordinated, as provided in the certificate.
(2)  If the tax commission determines that the filing of the notice of any lien was erroneous, the tax commission shall expeditiously, and, to the extent practicable, within fourteen (14) days after such determination, issue a certificate of release of such lien and shall include in such certificate a statement that such filing was erroneous. A lien is not an erroneous lien if it is accurate at the time the lien is filed.
(3)  Where an officer or employee of the tax commission knowingly or negligently fails to release a notice of lien, a taxpayer may bring an action against the tax commission pursuant to section 63-3074, Idaho Code, in district court seeking direct economic damages and costs. A taxpayer must first notify the tax commission that a release was not issued timely.

[63-3055, added 1959, ch. 299, sec. 55, p. 613; am. 1993, ch. 94, sec. 6, p. 234; am. 1994, ch. 172, sec. 4, p. 392.]

How current is this law?

Search the Idaho Statutes and Constitution