STATE GOVERNMENT AND STATE AFFAIRS
IDAHO ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE ACT
67-5246. Final orders — Effectiveness of final orders. (1) If the presiding officer is the agency head, the presiding officer shall issue a final order.
(2) If the presiding officer issued a recommended order, the agency head shall issue a final order following review of that recommended order.
(3) If the presiding officer issued a preliminary order, that order becomes a final order unless it is reviewed as required in section 67-5245, Idaho Code. If the preliminary order is reviewed, the agency head shall issue a final order.
(4) Unless otherwise provided by statute or rule, any party may file a motion for reconsideration of any final order issued by the agency head within fourteen (14) days of the service date of that order. The agency head shall issue a written order disposing of the petition. The petition is deemed denied if the agency head does not dispose of it within twenty-one (21) days after the filing of the petition.
(5) Unless a different date is stated in a final order, the order is effective fourteen (14) days after its service date if a party has not filed a petition for reconsideration. If a party has filed a petition for reconsideration with the agency head, the final order becomes effective when:
(a) The petition for reconsideration is disposed of; or
(b) The petition is deemed denied because the agency head did not dispose of the petition within twenty-one (21) days.
(6) A party may not be required to comply with a final order unless the party has been served with or has actual knowledge of the order. If the order is mailed to the last known address of a party, the service is deemed to be sufficient.
(7) A nonparty shall not be required to comply with a final order unless the agency has made the order available for public inspection or the nonparty has actual knowledge of the order.
(8) The provisions of this section do not preclude an agency from taking immediate action to protect the public interest in accordance with the provisions of section 67-5247, Idaho Code.
[67-5246, added 1992, ch. 263, sec. 31, p. 806; am. 2010, ch. 255, sec. 3, p. 647.]