AGRICULTURE AND HORTICULTURE
IDAHO OILSEED RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ACT
22-4703. Definitions. As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Commercial channels" means the sale of oilseeds for food, feed, seed, or any industrial or chemurgic use, when sold to any commercial buyer, user, dealer, processor, cooperative, or to any person, public or private, who resells any oilseed or any product produced from oilseed.
(2) "Commission" means the Idaho oilseed commission.
(3) "Delivery" means placing of oilseed into the primary channels of trade.
(4) "First purchaser" means any person, partnership, association, corporation, cooperative, trust, estate, or any and all other business units, devices and arrangements that buy oilseed in this state in the first instance, or any lienholder, public or private, including the commodity credit corporation, who may possess oilseed from the grower under any lien.
(5) "Grower" means any landowner, or tenant of the landowner, personally engaged in growing oilseed, or both the owner and tenant jointly, and includes a person, partnership, association, corporation, cooperative, trust, estate, sharecropper, or any and all other business units, devices and arrangements.
(6) "Oilseed" means seeds produced for use as oil, meal, planting seed, condiment, or other industrial or chemurgic uses.
(7) "Sale" includes any pledge, mortgage, or delivery of oilseed for sale after harvest to any person, public or private.
(8) "Seller" means any person or entity, including growers, who sells oilseed in the first instance.
[22-4703, added 1996, ch. 216, sec. 1, p. 704; am. 2007, ch. 60, sec. 4, p. 143.]