PERMITS AND LICENSES
23-509A. Sample Tasting for manufacturers of distilled spirits. (1) For purposes of this section, "manufacturer of distilled spirits" means a distillery that holds a permit issued by the alcohol and tobacco tax and trade bureau (TTB) and is licensed by the state of Idaho as an Idaho state manufacturer of distilled spirits.
(2) A manufacturer of distilled spirits may offer sample tastings on the premises of such distillery.
(3) A manufacturer of distilled spirits shall not charge for sample tastings.
(4) Sample sizes for tasting events permitted pursuant to the provisions of this section shall not exceed one-quarter of one ounce (0.25 oz).
(5) The maximum number of samples allowed shall not exceed three (3) samples per person in any twenty-four (24) hour period.
(6) Samples at distilleries may be served only by persons twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
(7) In accordance with state law, distilled spirits shall be served only to persons that are twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
(8) The distilled spirits for sample tastings shall be purchased from the Idaho state liquor division, and all taxes for such distilled spirits shall be paid by the manufacturer of distilled spirits.
[23-509A, added 2014, ch. 274, sec. 1, p. 683.]