PERMITS AND LICENSES
23-509B. donations for benevolent, charitable, or public purposes — permit required. (1) As used in this section:
(a) "Director" means the director of the Idaho state police.
(b) "Event" means an event held for benevolent, charitable, or public purposes where all proceeds from the event, after deducting reasonable expenses, must be donated for a benevolent, charitable, or public purpose.
(c) "Licensee" is as defined in section 23-902, Idaho Code.
(d) "Liquor producer" means any liquor manufacturer, producer, or supplier or a representative of a manufacturer, producer, or supplier.
(e) "Person" is as defined in section 23-902, Idaho Code, and who has not been issued a license in this state for the sale of alcoholic beverages.
(2) Notwithstanding the provisions of section 23-509, Idaho Code, any liquor producer may donate packaged, unopened, and sealed liquor to a person for an event as provided in this section. Any liquor donated under this section must have been acquired from the state liquor division.
(3) To sell or dispense packaged, unopened, and sealed liquor, a person must apply for a permit from the alcohol beverage control bureau. The director may issue the permit. All proceeds from the sale, after deducting reasonable expenses, must be donated for a benevolent, charitable, or public purpose.
(4) The director shall prescribe the form of application, pursuant to his duties in section 23-932, Idaho Code. Such form of application shall be substantially similar to the form described in section 23-1336, Idaho Code, and may include any other information the director deems necessary.
(5) A licensee may, on behalf of a person granted a permit under this section, receive and store liquor to be used at the event and may dispense such liquor to attendees of the event for which the permit was issued. The licensee must act in accordance with any applicable provisions of this title.
(6) The director may suspend, revoke, or refuse to renew a license for any violation of or failure to comply with the provisions of chapter 9, title 23, Idaho Code. Procedures for the suspension, revocation, or refusal to grant or renew licenses shall be in accordance with the provisions of chapter 52, title 67, Idaho Code.
(7) If a permittee fails to comply with permit requirements, the director may revoke existing permits or deny future permits under this section until the permittee cures the failure.
[23-509B, added 2022, ch. 161, sec. 1, p. 550.]