DISSOLUTION AND WINDING UP
30-23-808. OTHER CLAIMS AGAINST DISSOLVED LIMITED LIABILITY PARTNERSHIP. (a) A dissolved limited liability partnership may publish notice of its dissolution and request persons having claims against the partnership to present them in accordance with the notice.
(b) A notice under subsection (a) of this section must:
(1) Be published at least once in a newspaper of general circulation in the county in this state in which the dissolved limited liability partnership’s principal office is located or, if the principal office is not located in this state, in the county in which the office of the partnership’s registered agent is or was last located;
(2) Describe the information required to be contained in a claim, state that the claim must be in writing, and provide a mailing address to which the claim is to be sent;
(3) State that a claim against the partnership is barred unless an action to enforce the claim is commenced not later than three (3) years after publication of the notice; and
(4) Unless the partnership has been throughout its existence a limited liability partnership, state that the barring of a claim against the partnership will also bar any corresponding claim against any partner or person dissociated as a partner based on section 30-23-306, Idaho Code.
(c) If a dissolved limited liability partnership publishes a notice in accordance with subsection (b) of this section, the claim of each of the following claimants is barred unless the claimant commences an action to enforce the claim against the partnership not later than three (3) years after the publication date of the notice:
(1) A claimant that did not receive notice in a record under section 30-23-807, Idaho Code;
(2) A claimant whose claim was timely sent to the partnership but not acted on; and
(3) A claimant whose claim is contingent at or based on an event occurring after the date of dissolution.
(d) A claim not barred under this section or section 30-23-807, Idaho Code, may be enforced:
(1) Against a dissolved limited liability partnership, to the extent of its undistributed assets;
(2) Except as otherwise provided in section 30-23-809, Idaho Code, if assets of the partnership have been distributed after dissolution, against a partner or transferee to the extent of that person’s proportionate share of the claim or of the partnership’s assets distributed to the partner or transferee after dissolution, whichever is less, but a person’s total liability for all claims under this paragraph may not exceed the total amount of assets distributed to the person after dissolution; and
[30-23-808, added 2015, ch. 243, sec. 30, p. 834.]