FORMATION; CERTIFICATE OF LIMITED PARTNERSHIP AND OTHER FILINGS
30-24-201. FORMATION OF LIMITED PARTNERSHIP — CERTIFICATE OF LIMITED PARTNERSHIP. (a) To form a limited partnership, a person must deliver a certificate of limited partnership to the secretary of state for filing.
(b) A certificate of limited partnership must state:
(1) The name of the limited partnership, which must comply with sections 30-21-301 and 30-21-302(b), Idaho Code;
(2) The street and mailing addresses of the partnership’s principal office;
(3) The information required by section 30-21-404(a), Idaho Code;
(4) The name and the street and mailing addresses of each general partner;
(5) Whether the limited partnership is a limited liability limited partnership; and
(6) If the partnership is a professional entity, a statement that the partnership is a professional limited partnership or professional limited liability limited partnership and the principal profession or professions for which the partnership’s partners are duly licensed or otherwise legally authorized to render professional services.
(c) A certificate of limited partnership may contain statements as to matters other than those required by subsection (b) of this section, but may not vary or otherwise affect the provisions specified in section 30-24-105(c) and (d), Idaho Code, in a manner inconsistent with that section. The secretary of state shall not accept partnership agreements for filing.
(d) A limited partnership is formed when:
(1) The certificate of limited partnership becomes effective;
(2) At least two (2) persons have become partners;
(3) At least one (1) person has become a general partner; and
(4) At least one (1) person has become a limited partner.
[30-24-201, added 2015, ch. 243, sec. 34, p. 845.]