LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES
FORMATION — CERTIFICATE OF ORGANIZATION AND OTHER FILINGS
30-25-203. SIGNING OF RECORDS TO BE DELIVERED FOR FILING TO SECRETARY OF STATE. (a) A record delivered to the secretary of state for filing pursuant to this act must be signed as follows:
(1) Except as otherwise provided in paragraphs (2) and (3) of this subsection, a record signed by a limited liability company must be signed by a person authorized by the company.
(2) A company’s initial certificate of organization must be signed by at least one (1) person acting as an organizer.
(3) A record delivered on behalf of a dissolved company that has no member must be signed by the person winding up the company’s activities and affairs under section 30-25-702(c), Idaho Code, or a person appointed under section 30-25-702(d), Idaho Code, to wind up the activities and affairs.
(4) A statement of denial by a person under section 30-25-303, Idaho Code, must be signed by that person.
(5) Any other record delivered on behalf of a person to the secretary of state for filing must be signed by that person.
(b) A record delivered for filing under this chapter may be signed by an agent. Whenever this chapter requires a particular individual to sign a record and the individual is deceased or incompetent, the record may be signed by a legal representative of the individual.
(c) A person that signs a record as an agent or legal representative affirms as a fact that the person is authorized to sign the record.
[30-25-203, added 2015, ch. 243, sec. 44, p. 877.]