GENERAL BUSINESS CORPORATIONS
DIRECTORS AND OFFICERS
30-29-850. definitions. For purposes of this section and sections 30-29-851 through 30-29-859, Idaho Code:
(1) "Corporation" includes any domestic or foreign predecessor entity of a corporation in a merger.
(2) "Director" or "officer" means an individual who is or was a director or officer, respectively, of a corporation or who, while a director or officer of the corporation, is or was serving at the corporation’s request as a director, officer, manager, partner, trustee, employee or agent of another entity or employee benefit plan. A director or officer is considered to be serving an employee benefit plan at the corporation’s request if the individual’s duties to the corporation also impose duties on, or otherwise involve services by, the individual to the plan or to participants in or beneficiaries of the plan. "Director" or "officer" includes, unless the context requires otherwise, the estate or personal representative of a director or officer.
(3) "Liability" means the obligation to pay a judgment, settlement, penalty, fine, including an excise tax assessed with respect to an employee benefit plan, or reasonable expenses incurred with respect to a proceeding.
(4) "Official capacity" means:
(a) When used with respect to a director, the office of director in a corporation; and
(b) When used with respect to an officer, as contemplated in section 30-29-856, Idaho Code, the office in a corporation held by the officer.
"Official capacity" does not include service for any other domestic or foreign corporation or any joint venture, trust, employee benefit plan or other entity.
(5) "Party" means an individual who was, is or is threatened to be made a defendant or respondent in a proceeding.
(6) "Proceeding" means any threatened, pending or completed action, suit or proceeding, whether civil, criminal, administrative, arbitrative or investigative and whether formal or informal.
[30-29-850, added 2015, ch. 243, sec. 63, p. 934; am. 2019, ch. 90, sec. 98, p. 281.]