IDAHO NONPROFIT CORPORATION ACT
DIRECTORS AND OFFICERS
30-30-617. Committees of the board. (1) Unless prohibited or limited by the articles or bylaws, a board of directors may create one (1) or more committees of the board and appoint members of the board to serve on them. Each committee shall have two (2) or more directors, who serve at the pleasure of the board.
(2) The creation of a committee and appointment of members to it must be approved by the greater of:
(a) A majority of all the directors in office when the action is taken; or
(b) The number of directors required by the articles or bylaws to take action under section 30-30-616, Idaho Code.
(3) Sections 30-30-612 through 30-30-616, Idaho Code, which govern meetings, action without meetings, notice and waiver of notice, and quorum and voting requirements of the board, apply to committees of the board and their members as well.
(4) To the extent specified by the board of directors or in the articles or bylaws, each committee of the board may exercise the board’s authority under section 30-30-601, Idaho Code.
(5) A committee of the board may not, however:
(a) Authorize distributions;
(b) Approve or recommend to members dissolution, merger, or the sale, pledge or transfer of all or substantially all of the corporation’s assets;
(c) Elect, appoint or remove directors or fill vacancies on the board or on any of its committees; or
(d) Adopt, amend or repeal the articles or bylaws.
(6) The creation of, delegation of authority to, or action by a committee does not alone constitute compliance by a director with the standards of conduct described in section 30-30-618, Idaho Code.
[30-30-617, added 2015, ch. 243, sec. 79, p. 988.]