COUNTIES AND COUNTY LAW
UNIFORM REAL PROPERTY ELECTRONIC RECORDING ACT
31-2902. Definitions. In this chapter:
(1) "Document" means information that is:
(a) Inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form; and
(b) Eligible to be recorded in the land records maintained by the recorder.
(2) "Electronic" means relating to technology having electrical, digital, magnetic, wireless, optical, electromagnetic or similar capabilities.
(3) "Electronic document" means a document that is received by the recorder in an electronic form.
(4) "Electronic signature" means an electronic sound, symbol or process attached to or logically associated with a document and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the document.
(5) "Person" means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, public corporation, government, or governmental subdivision, agency or instrumentality, or any other legal or commercial entity.
(6) "State" means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
[31-2902, added 2007, ch. 63, sec. 1, p. 155.]