COUNTIES AND COUNTY LAW
REGIONAL SOLID WASTE OR DOMESTIC SEPTAGE DISPOSAL DISTRICTS
31-4902. Definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Act" or "this act" means this regional solid waste or domestic septage district act.
(2) "Commissioners" means the board of commissioners of each county within a district.
(3) "District" means a regional solid waste or domestic septage district created pursuant to this chapter.
(4) "District board" means the board of directors of a district.
(5) "Domestic septage" means either liquid or solid material removed from a septic tank, cesspool, portable toilet, type III marine sanitation device, or similar treatment works that receive only domestic sewage. Domestic septage does not include liquid or solid material removed from septic tanks, cesspools, or similar treatment works that receive either commercial wastewater or industrial wastewater and does not include grease removed from a grease trap at a restaurant.
(6) "Facility" or "facilities" means all equipment and other property, including electrical cogeneration equipment, deemed necessary by the district board for the operation of a solid waste disposal and/or resource recovery system or the operation of domestic septage receiving stations, domestic septage treatment processes and domestic septage disposal methods.
(7) "Participating county" means a county which elects, through action of the commissioners as provided in this chapter, to become a member of a district.
(8) "Solid waste" means any garbage, refuse, sludge from a waste treatment plant, water supply treatment plant, or air pollution control facility and other discarded material, including solid, liquid, semi-solid, or contained gaseous material resulting from industrial, commercial, mining, and agricultural operations, and from community activities, but does not include solid or dissolved materials in domestic sewage, or solid or dissolved materials in irrigation return flows or industrial discharges that are point sources subject to permits under 33 U.S.C. 1342, or source, special nuclear, or byproduct material as defined by the atomic energy act of 1954, as amended.
(9) "State" means the state of Idaho.
(10) "System" means all components of solid waste operations including, but not limited to, landfill compliance measures, landfill disposal operations, regional transfer operations, domestic septage receiving stations, domestic septage disposal methods, domestic septage treatment operations and resource recovery and management, on any site or sites acquired, constructed, operated, or managed by a district.
[31-4902, added 1990, ch. 390, sec. 1, p. 1086; am. 2001, ch. 175, sec. 3, p. 596.]