COUNTIES AND COUNTY LAW
COUNTIES AS BODIES CORPORATE
31-604. Enumeration of powers. It has power:
1. To sue and be sued.
2. To purchase and hold lands.
3. To make such contracts, and purchase and hold such personal property, as may be necessary to the exercise of its powers.
4. To make such orders for the disposition or use of its property as the interests of its inhabitants require.
5. To levy and collect such taxes for purposes under its exclusive jurisdiction as are authorized by law.
6. Such other and further authority as may be necessary to effectively carry out the duties imposed on it by the provisions of the Idaho Code and constitution.
[(31-604) 1870, p. 76, sec. 1; R.S., sec. 1733; reen. R.C. & C.L., sec. 1901; C.S., sec. 3399; I.C.A., sec. 30-504; am. 1989, ch. 74, sec. 1, p. 128; am. 1990, ch. 123, sec. 1, p. 293.]