FISH AND GAME
36-2405. Recommendation on management plans. (1) The delisting advisory team shall submit the management plan to the director of the department of fish and game for animal or plant species, for review and recommendation.
(2) The director shall review the management plan and make a recommendation to the fish and game commission. The director may recommend either approval of the management plan, or recommend to return the management plan to the delisting advisory team for further study and review, with instructions, prior to return of the species strategy or management plan to the directors.
(3) If the fish and game commission finds that the management plan provides for the management and conservation of the species when it is delisted by the secretary of the interior or secretary of commerce and that reasonable safeguards are included in the management plan to protect the health, safety, private property and economic well-being of the citizens of the state of Idaho, the fish and game commission shall approve the management plan.
(4) If the fish and game commission makes the finding required in subsection (3) of this section, the fish and game commission shall forward the state management plan, to the governor’s office of species conservation and the legislature. The management plan is subject to legislative approval, amendment or rejection by concurrent resolution at the regular session immediately following the commission’s finding and approval of the plan.
(5) The governor’s office of species conservation may petition the responsible public agencies to initiate rulemaking to facilitate the implementation of the approved management plan.
(6) Each management plan developed pursuant to this chapter shall include a public education component that shall be developed and implemented in cooperation with other appropriate bureaus of the department of fish and game.
(7) Nothing in this act shall be interpreted as granting the department of fish and game with new or additional authority.
[36-2405, added 2000, ch. 270, sec. 2, p. 774; am. 2003, ch. 129, sec. 4, p. 381.]