HEALTH AND SAFETY
CHILD CARE LICENSING REFORM ACT
39-1207. Residential schools. (1) Upon receipt of an initial disclosure report from a children’s institution that the department categorizes as a residential school, the department shall provide a copy of such initial disclosure report to the Idaho department of education.
(2) The Idaho department of education shall certify to the department whether each residential school has been accredited according to the accrediting standards promulgated by the Idaho department of education, the Idaho state board of education or a secular or religious accrediting association recognized by the Idaho department of education.
(3) If a residential school has been certified as accredited under subsection (2) of this section, then the department shall exercise no further jurisdiction under this chapter over that accredited residential school so long as the accreditation for the residential school remains in effect.
(4) Upon certification of accreditation, the Idaho department of education shall notify the accredited residential school that all future update disclosure reports or other reports as the Idaho department of education may require shall be filed with the Idaho department of education so long as the accreditation remains in effect.
(5) Upon the determination by the Idaho department of education that a residential school is no longer accredited, it shall notify the department and shall notify the residential school that all future update disclosure reports must be filed with the department.
(6) A residential school that is not certified or accredited pursuant to this section or has lost accreditation shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the department as a children’s treatment facility pursuant to section 39-1210, Idaho Code, unless and until accreditation is certified by the Idaho department of education pursuant to this section.
(7) The department has the authority to postpone for up to one (1) year the designation of a nonaccredited residential school as a children’s treatment facility upon receipt of an affidavit under oath signed by a legally authorized agent of the nonaccredited residential school that application for accreditation has been made to the Idaho department of education, the Idaho state board of education or an affiliated accrediting association recognized by the Idaho department of education; and the department determines that the application is being pursued in good faith.
[39-1207, added 1990, ch. 215, sec. 8, p. 573.]