HEALTH AND SAFETY
HAZARDOUS WASTE MANAGEMENT
39-4417. Hazardous waste emergency account. (1) There is hereby created an account in the state treasury to be designated the hazardous waste emergency account.
(2) The account shall consist of moneys appropriated to the account by the legislature, moneys allotted to the account as a result of departmental compliance proceedings, moneys allotted to the account in a court ordered award or judgment, moneys allotted to the account in a court approved settlement, and moneys contributed to the account from other sources.
(3) Moneys in the account may be used by the director in the case of a hazardous waste emergency to pay the necessary costs of preventing, neutralizing, or mitigating any threat to the public health or safety, or to the environment caused by that emergency.
(4) The board may promulgate regulations for the withdrawal and use of funds from the account as specified in subsection (3) of this section.
(5) All moneys placed in the account are hereby perpetually appropriated to the department for the purposes described in subsection (3) of this section. All expenditures from the account shall be paid out in warrants drawn by the state controller upon presentation of the proper vouchers.
(6) Pending use, surplus moneys in the account shall be invested by the state treasurer in the same manner as provided under section 67-1210, Idaho Code. Interest earned on the investments shall be returned to the account.
[39-4417, added 1983, ch. 154, sec. 1, p. 429; am. 1994, ch. 180, sec. 74, p. 476.]