HEALTH AND SAFETY
CHILDREN’S TRUST FUND
39-6001. Children’s trust fund board — Creation. (1) There is hereby created within the department of health and welfare a children’s trust fund and a children’s trust fund board to administer the children’s trust fund.
(2) The children’s trust fund board shall consist of a chairperson and nine (9) other members as follows:
(a) The chairperson and six (6) other members of the board shall be appointed by the governor and shall be selected for their interest and expertise in the prevention of child abuse. There shall be one (1) board member appointed from each of the seven (7) judicial districts of the state as enumerated in chapter 8, title 1, Idaho Code. Members shall be appointed to serve for three (3) year terms. Vacancies shall be filled for any unexpired term by appointment in the same manner as the original appointments were made.
(b) The superintendent of public instruction, the attorney general, and the director of the department of health and welfare or their designees shall be members and shall serve as voting members of the children’s trust fund board.
(3) A quorum of the children’s trust fund board shall consist of a majority of its members which quorum must be present in order to conduct any business.
(4) The chairperson of the children’s trust fund board shall have no vote except in the event of a tie vote of a quorum of the members of the board.
(5) Board members shall be compensated as provided in section 59-509(b), Idaho Code.
(6) Members of the children’s trust fund board shall serve until a successor has been appointed but may be removed by the appointing official for misconduct or failure to carry out the duties provided in this chapter.
[39-6001, added 1985, ch. 31, sec. 2, p. 60; am. 2002, ch. 292, sec. 2, p. 841; am. 2014, ch. 52, sec. 1, p. 129.]