HEALTH AND SAFETY
PREVENTION OF BLINDNESS AND OTHER PREVENTABLE DISEASES IN INFANTS
39-906. Duties of director. It shall be the duty of the director of the department of health and welfare:
(1) To enforce the provisions of this chapter.
(2) To administer such rules and regulations as shall, under this chapter, be necessary for the purpose of this chapter and such as the state board of health and welfare may deem necessary for the further and proper guidance of local health officers.
(3) To publish and promulgate such further advice and information concerning the dangers of inflammation of the eyes of the newborn as is necessary for prompt and effective treatment.
(4) To furnish copies of this law to all physicians and midwives who may be engaged in the practice of obstetrics or assisting at childbirth.
(5) To keep a proper record of any and all cases of inflammation of the eyes of the newborn, which shall be filed in the office of the state board of health and welfare in pursuance of this law, and which may come to his attention in any way, and to constitute such records a part of the annual report to the governor.
(6) To furnish birth certificates, which shall include the question: "Did you comply with section six of this act? If so, state what solution was used."
[(39-906) added 1921, ch. 233, sec. 6, p. 522; am. 1974, ch. 23, sec. 105, p. 633; am. 2020, ch. 285, sec. 1, p. 828.]